"A Republican member of the Arkansas state senate’s self-published memoir claims that for black people in America, slavery was a “blessing in disguise,” that, if they were physically hardy enough to survive it, “someday be rewarded with citizenship in the greatest nation ever established upon the face of the Earth.” According to the Arkansas Times, Rep. Jon Hubbard, of Jonesboro, included these thought and others in his book, Letters to the Editor, Confessions of a Frustrated Conservative, which was initially written about and excerpted by writer Michael Cook at Talk Business.
“(T)he institution of slavery that the black race has long believed to be an abomination upon its people may actually have been a blessing in disguise,” Hubbard wrote. “The blacks who could endure those conditions and circumstances would someday be rewarded with citizenship in the greatest nation ever established upon the face of the Earth.” [Source]
Yes, because nothing says great nation like enslaving your own citizens.
Anyway, this too will pass. Just another Southern wingnut politrickster who is making the rest of us in these divided states of America believe that having them secede wouldn't be such a bad idea.
Mr. Hubbard is from Arkansas, Mr. Broun is from Georgia. --We will miss you Atlanta--. Sorry, but the thought of Paul Broun being an elected leader and policy maker in Washington is scary.
Speaking of scary politricksters, I see that Mr. Romney has been showing his more human side lately on the election trail. Well, his human side as it relates to dead people.
"Trying to convince voters that he is human. (Ann can't do all the work herself.) Of course, Romney's not super experienced when it comes to this sort of thing, so his efforts have been a little awkward. Mostly, he's been talking about dead people.
“(T)he institution of slavery that the black race has long believed to be an abomination upon its people may actually have been a blessing in disguise,” Hubbard wrote. “The blacks who could endure those conditions and circumstances would someday be rewarded with citizenship in the greatest nation ever established upon the face of the Earth.” [Source]
Yes, because nothing says great nation like enslaving your own citizens.
Anyway, this too will pass. Just another Southern wingnut politrickster who is making the rest of us in these divided states of America believe that having them secede wouldn't be such a bad idea.
Mr. Hubbard is from Arkansas, Mr. Broun is from Georgia. --We will miss you Atlanta--. Sorry, but the thought of Paul Broun being an elected leader and policy maker in Washington is scary.
Speaking of scary politricksters, I see that Mr. Romney has been showing his more human side lately on the election trail. Well, his human side as it relates to dead people.
"Trying to convince voters that he is human. (Ann can't do all the work herself.) Of course, Romney's not super experienced when it comes to this sort of thing, so his efforts have been a little awkward. Mostly, he's been talking about dead people.
Romney spent the weekend in Florida where he debuted a new version of his stump speech containing three "revealing and personal" stories about deaths that impacted his life. The first was about an old friend from graduate school — Bill Hulse, a quadriplegic as a result of an accident — who recently attended a campaign event:
"It's not easy for Billy to get around. Quadriplegic…he can't move, of course, his arms and his legs, and he can barely speak," Romney said. "I reached down and I put my hand on Billy's shoulder and I whispered into his ear, and I said 'Billy, God bless you, I love ya.' And he whispered right back to me – and I couldn't quite hear what he said. He tried to speak loud enough for me to hear."
Hulse died the day after the encounter. "It’s rare that you get the chance to tell someone how much you love them while you still can," Romney added.
Next up was a tribute to a 14-year-old Mormon church member who Romney counseled during the boy's battle with leukemia. At one point, he asked "Brother Romney" to help him draft his will: "So I went to the hospital and got my legal pad to make it look official," Romney recalled. "[David] said, ‘I want my fishing rod to go to one friend, and I want my skateboard to go to another friend, and I want my rifle to go to my brother.'" For extra human appeal, he concluded the story with a Friday Night Lights reference: “I thought of that wonderful slogan some years later: clear eyes, full heart, can’t lose. David passed away, but I’ll always remember — never forget — his courage, his clear eyes, full heart. He won’t lose."
Next up was a tribute to a 14-year-old Mormon church member who Romney counseled during the boy's battle with leukemia. At one point, he asked "Brother Romney" to help him draft his will: "So I went to the hospital and got my legal pad to make it look official," Romney recalled. "[David] said, ‘I want my fishing rod to go to one friend, and I want my skateboard to go to another friend, and I want my rifle to go to my brother.'" For extra human appeal, he concluded the story with a Friday Night Lights reference: “I thought of that wonderful slogan some years later: clear eyes, full heart, can’t lose. David passed away, but I’ll always remember — never forget — his courage, his clear eyes, full heart. He won’t lose."
Finally, he talked about meeting a woman at the Republican National Convention whose husband had been killed in Afghanistan. Anti-war protesters had picketed the funeral. When asked "What do you think of these people?" she told Romney: "Chris died for them to be able to protest." The lesson? "This is quite a nation we live in." [Source]
Hey, at least he didn't tell any stories about bringing anyone back from the dead. I bet if he did my GOP friends in the South would believe it. After all, God does "move in mysterious ways".
*Pic from rawstory.com
Hey, at least he didn't tell any stories about bringing anyone back from the dead. I bet if he did my GOP friends in the South would believe it. After all, God does "move in mysterious ways".
*Pic from rawstory.com

*
0 Comments