and I am still down here in D.C. hanging out at this NOI Summit. I went to dinner earlier in DuPont Circle with the folks from the conference, but I rolled early and came back here to my hotel (Lola you have got to get some new wheels :). So anyway, I just left the bar with my man "Rock" from African American Political Pundit, and my man Andres Duque from Blabeando. The bartender, Juan, was doing mad magic tricks and keeping me laughing my ass off.
Now for a quick update on the conference: I have to give my man "Rock" and all the other bloggers of color who were present their propers for stepping up to the plate and addressing the digital divide. Of course some people didn't want to hear it, but the truth hurts. Personally, you all know where I stand, I really could give a fuck whether I get linked by a Wal-Mart blog or not, but I want honesty in the debate, and that's what we were all (At least us black folks present) trying to achieve. But I don't want to act like some of our white progressive friends weren't trying to reach out, because they did. But you know how human nature is, it's always the bad shit that sticks out.
For instance, AA Pundit tried to explain the seriousness of this Hillary "O" man shit, and it seemed like no one wanted to hear it. Like what's the point of all this Net roots, progressive online networking, and activism if a constituency that consistently gives you 90% of their vote is about to go away and never come back? Memo to all you folks out there who consider yourselves democrats; you better start paying attention to this shit because the anger is real. Some of us that were here this weekend tried to tell you but you didn't listen. I think you will live to regret it. I think black folks are ready to have that discussion with the rethugs about making a switch. So Hillary, be very careful.
And speaking of the folks that were here: I met Brandon from Superspade , and he is a good brother. I also met my man Kevin Myles from the Wichita NAACP. Thanks for the knowledge about Wichita my brotha, I never would have known. You all have got it going on out there. I also saw my man Barantunde from Jack& Jill politics, my girl from Pam's House Blend, and the sister from Anderson@ Large. All good people from what I could tell, and all doing the blogging thing and representing to the fullest. Oh, and I will be damn if Gabrielle from Color of Change isn't a dead ringer for Adrian Grenier (Vince) from Entourage. Man you better start using that shit. And you live in Cali too? Sheeeet.
In the AM, I am heading back up to Killadelph. The organizer's did a nice job with this conference, and some of the folks that came here did so with an open mind. As for some of the others.....well, my grandmama used to say that if you can't say anything nice about someone you shouldn't say anything at all. So.......

0 Comments