
I guess black folks are still feeling dissed after the folks in lily white New Hampshire pulled a Bradley Effect move on them. I mean just when we were ready to crown King Obama as our leader, A-merry-ca brings us back to reality. And every one seems so shocked that this could have happened. I mean wasn't Hillary down by double digits? They are calling this one of the greatest political upsets in history. It caught every one by surprise.....yeah well it didn't surprise me. And I suspect that quite a few of you reading this blog feel the same way.
The truth of the matter is that the more powerful Barrack's movement becomes, the more irrelevant angry and cynical black men like the field Negro will become. A-merry-ca could shut the field up tomorrow by rising above petty racial and gender politics and and embracing a truly unifying change in her politics. But it ain't happening; you know it, and so do I.
So you all are angry now, and you are turning on your first black Prez. Just read this from Donna Brazile:
" I could understand his frustration at this moment. But, look, he shouldn't take out all his pain on Barrack Obama. It's time that they regroup. Figure out what Hillary needs to do to get her campaign back on track. It sounds like sour grapes coming from the former commander in chief. Someone that many Democrats hold in high esteem. For him to go after Obama, using a fairy tale, calling him as he did last week. It's an insult. And I will tell you, as an African-American, I find his tone and his words to be very depressing..."
She was talking about BJ Bill of course, and her sentiments are being echoed by quite a few African American bloggers and others out there. Bill and Hilary Clinton can use code words with the best of them, and they know what buttons to push to bring out the racial bogeyman lurking behind every corner in A-merry-ca. And in case you were wondering, there is no gender bogeyman. Yes women have been discriminated against in this country, and they have suffered mightily at the hands of the all powerful white male. But don't for a minute think there is a fear of women out there. There isn't. But ask me if there is a fear of black men and you know what I will tell you.
So when I see columns like this one from a popular hometown columnist here in Philly, it gives me cause for pause. I really have to wonder what makes the white A-merry-can woman think that she has all of a sudden become the victim in her precious country. Memo to white women: You have nothing to worry about, next to house pets you are the most protected class in this country. So let's stop with the beat up on Hillary shtick. No one is beating up on Hillary. I know some people on the right think that she is a witch, but she still looks like a white woman to me.
Now I leave you with some comments left on the POLITICO'S blog after they (the commenters) read Donna Brazile's posts:
"Sounds like bitter loser pill Donna is what Carville is to HRC . . . race race race . . . "as an African-American" way to interject race into a non racial story . . . shut up! "
Posted By: January 08, 2008 at 08:04 PM
"Awe, I am such a fan of Donna Brazile (even at one point wanting to draft her as chair of the DNC) and I'm saddened that it seems like she played the race card here :-\ As a minority, that's depressing to me too Donna . . . "
Posted By: LawSchoolDem January 08, 2008 at 08:08 PM
"I ususally really like Donna, but she really played the race card on this one. Not cool. "
Posted By: Elizabeth January 08, 2008 at 08:17 PM
"Donna Brazile had an article in WaTimes yesterday that proves she writes about topics of which she has no clue. Her opening paragraph mischaracterized the economy of our country the past few years to an extent of embarassment. She's disgraceful for spouting such myths. Who can take her seriously, other than another myth-believing Bush-hater? And why above, is she bringing Bill Bennett into the fray? He's a highly principled man whose wife works in inner city Newark NJ schools to try to improve things, and Bennett would like nothing more than to improve the lot of inner-city blacks. DBrazile's a total farce. "
Posted By: sbourg January 08, 2008 at 08:24 PM
"Oprah (black)::Obama (black): Brazille (black):: Obama (black)"
"Donna, Obama was never a college professor. He was a lecturer. Big difference. "
Posted By: Allie January 08, 2008 at 08:34 PM
"When are negroes going to stand on their own merits and quit using the race card?"
Posted By: Bigmarunga January 08, 2008 at 08:35 PM
"I'd like to know how Hillary and Bill have bypassed the writers strike? Just look at all the pre-written fiction that they have been acting out on the national stage."
Posted By: Writer January 08, 2008 at 08:35 PM
"Brazille is a racist and Bill and Hillary are your typical plantation master dems OB they dont plan of letting their slaves run the show. They make me sick. I am sick of Dems playing white against blacks and poor against rich. It is disgusting,but someone keeps voting for them. Just amazing. The Dem party is proof of how horrible the US educational system has become. You have to be drunk or an idiot to vote for any these conmen."
Posted By: jack January 08, 2008 at 08:37 PM "
"How pathetic that Brazile immediately has to resort to the hoary racism card to criticize Bill. No wonder the networks treat Obama with lamb skin gloves, they're all afraid of being called racists if they so much as show any criticism to Obama. His campaign knows this and they have benefited from a cowering media. Bill called out Obama on the falsies in his campaign, he never called Obama a kid, he simply said that Obama's claims were a fairly tale. Only in the mind of a professional race baiter can that be construed as racism. "
Posted By: Joe Nada January 08, 2008 at 08:37 PM
I lifted all those comments from the folks at POLITICO (Don't try to sue me, you will lose).
I hope you took the time to read them. They are quite revealing :)

0 Comments