Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Mitt's laborers.


It’s Labor Day, so it is the perfect time for us to remind our republican friends--- who have been chirping about all that they built--- who really built this country.    
I have a hint for you: It wasn’t Mitt or Paul’s Ryan's daddy.
Anyway, is it just in my mind or was Mitt talking to some of us folks when he tried to play "white identity politics" with his welfare Queen meme? I got the impression that Mitt was using folks like me to blow dog whistles and pander to his base. Those Negroes don’t want to work, they want things for free. Obama is their president. I am your candidate. I want people to work for a living. Obama and his supporters want free stuff. (He trotted out the same line when referring to college students receiving student loans. As if money for a college education is a bad thing.)  
Yes, because we all know that the poor middle aged woman who leaves her home in North Philly at 5 o-clock every morning, and takes three different buses to get to the burbs to clean some old woman’s shit, doesn’t really work hard. That’s for the guy wearing the Brioni suit with the custom made shirts who sits on his ass all day and cuts deals.

 Mitt, I think we just all want the same opportunities that were available to you. I want to be able to take advantage of tax loopholes. I want to be able to get a good education and make the same type of connections while getting it. I want to be able to play on the same level playing field with someone whose father might have been wealthy and well connected. I want to be rewarded for my hard work and entrepreneurial spirit. That is what America is supposed to represent. I don’t want to be working in a society that won’t reward me for my hard work because the deck was stacked by you (Mitt) and your wealthy influential friends against me.     
It’s really that simple.

Happy Labor Day everybody.    

*Pic from Radio Man's Kansas City.


Post a Comment

0 Comments