
It's Friday evening and I am in my barber's chair. I am listening to the barber shop chatter, enjoying the nice cool feel of shaving cream on my dome, and as is usually the case; my thoughts turn to a few things:
Like right now I am thinking about an excellent piece that was forwarded to me by Mario Ruiz over at the Hufington Post, about an article written by John Ridley. John found out first hand that the Republican "big tent" ain't so big after all.
And while thinking about John's article, my thoughts run to those ten white men who were on that stage last night, and how out of touched the Republican party seems to be with the rest of the country. Not for how they looked (although that gave me cause for pause)but for what they said.
I am thinking that the idiot who has been posting here lately with the web site satirising African American criminals, is probably some loser holed up in his mother's basement who can't get a date, and probably has a picture of his fist in his wallet.
I am thinking of Jared Roebuck over at Lies Before Breakfast and how he did the Afro Spear proud by getting some ink in the Washington Post.
I am thinking about that old Eddie Murphy joke (although there is nothing funny about this situation) when I hear that Barack Obama has to have secret service protection already. They won't talk about it, but apparently Obama has been receiving lots and lots of threats promising harm to him and his family. Now I am sure most of it is coming from the likes of my trailer park friends, but all it takes is one; so you can't be too careful.
I am thinking gas is over $3 a gallon again right in time for the summer. I wonder what excuse the oil companies will give for raising prices this time.
I am thinking about all the shit still happening in Darfur, and places like the Congo, and how black folks in this country are apathetic about their plight. Millions of people who look just like they do are being killed or driven into refugee camps. I mean do you really think that if kids were dying by the thousands in Australia and Norway white folks wouldn't move mountains to save them? The sad irony is, that some of the strongest people out here advocating for the poor people of Darfur are white, and most black folks are just sitting on their asses like it's all happening in a f*****g movie.
I am thinking about that madam down in D.C. with the little black book. How much do you want to bet that 80% of the people in her book, are God fearing conservative republicans.
I am thinking about my brother in law who is still f****d up after doing a tour in Iraq. The VA isn't really helping by keeping him hopped up on pills and sticking all kinds of pain killers in his face without even asking. And these mother f*****s over at the VA are getting bonuses while the troops are given the most shitty treatment one can imagine after they return home.
I am wondering; why is Karl Rove's crooked ass not in jail? And why haven't we heard anything more from Dick Cheney's so called friend who he shot in the face?
I am thinking George Tenet should just go away. You sat on your ass while the frat boy and his minions plotted this war. And now you want to talk about how misguided they were after you sign a 4 million dollar book deal? Well too late for over 3,200 poor young Americans. So please go f**k yourself!
I am looking at my dome and it looks pretty good. Thank you Mr. Barber, I will catch you next time.
Like right now I am thinking about an excellent piece that was forwarded to me by Mario Ruiz over at the Hufington Post, about an article written by John Ridley. John found out first hand that the Republican "big tent" ain't so big after all.
And while thinking about John's article, my thoughts run to those ten white men who were on that stage last night, and how out of touched the Republican party seems to be with the rest of the country. Not for how they looked (although that gave me cause for pause)but for what they said.
I am thinking that the idiot who has been posting here lately with the web site satirising African American criminals, is probably some loser holed up in his mother's basement who can't get a date, and probably has a picture of his fist in his wallet.
I am thinking of Jared Roebuck over at Lies Before Breakfast and how he did the Afro Spear proud by getting some ink in the Washington Post.
I am thinking about that old Eddie Murphy joke (although there is nothing funny about this situation) when I hear that Barack Obama has to have secret service protection already. They won't talk about it, but apparently Obama has been receiving lots and lots of threats promising harm to him and his family. Now I am sure most of it is coming from the likes of my trailer park friends, but all it takes is one; so you can't be too careful.
I am thinking gas is over $3 a gallon again right in time for the summer. I wonder what excuse the oil companies will give for raising prices this time.
I am thinking about all the shit still happening in Darfur, and places like the Congo, and how black folks in this country are apathetic about their plight. Millions of people who look just like they do are being killed or driven into refugee camps. I mean do you really think that if kids were dying by the thousands in Australia and Norway white folks wouldn't move mountains to save them? The sad irony is, that some of the strongest people out here advocating for the poor people of Darfur are white, and most black folks are just sitting on their asses like it's all happening in a f*****g movie.
I am thinking about that madam down in D.C. with the little black book. How much do you want to bet that 80% of the people in her book, are God fearing conservative republicans.
I am thinking about my brother in law who is still f****d up after doing a tour in Iraq. The VA isn't really helping by keeping him hopped up on pills and sticking all kinds of pain killers in his face without even asking. And these mother f*****s over at the VA are getting bonuses while the troops are given the most shitty treatment one can imagine after they return home.
I am wondering; why is Karl Rove's crooked ass not in jail? And why haven't we heard anything more from Dick Cheney's so called friend who he shot in the face?
I am thinking George Tenet should just go away. You sat on your ass while the frat boy and his minions plotted this war. And now you want to talk about how misguided they were after you sign a 4 million dollar book deal? Well too late for over 3,200 poor young Americans. So please go f**k yourself!
I am looking at my dome and it looks pretty good. Thank you Mr. Barber, I will catch you next time.

0 Comments