I am genuinely curious to know more about the republican strategy to lure minorities into their tent. Apparently they feel that their strategy has been having the desired effect of late.
I just read an article with anecdotal incident after incident of minorities choosing (or considering) the republican party over the other one. It's all, of course, very interesting, and it makes for good political debate and dickering back and forth.
But, at the end of the day, we all know the deal: Negroes will support the other party in overwhelming numbers.
"We been drinking the Democratic Kool-Aid for 40 years and I don’t see no change,” African-American Republican “convert” Bob Israel told a local ABC News outlet.
Not merely African-American voters but officeholders are backing off traditional Democratic support.
“'I am sure we will hear the moans and groans from our Democrat friends regarding our decision in this endorsement and support of a Republican,' said former four-term East St. Louis Mayor Carl Officer after announcing that he has formed a SuperPAC backing the GOP candidate for Illinois governor.
'However, we ask them to consider whether we do not need a totally different approach for all Illinoisans to have a chance to carve out their share of that American dream.'
Good governance is good politics, and the Republican effort to chip away at the Democratic Party’s monolithic minority support will require a shift in the party’s political priorities. But if they are successfully able to appeal to minority voters, expect the Democratic Party’s loyalists to react rather strongly, although not disproportionately, to the scope of the threat to their party’s electoral viability."
I am all for changing the flavors of my "Kool-Aid"; I just don't want my new drink to have poison in it.

0 Comments