Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

No more Mr. Nice Guy.

His Oness gave a press conference today that was full of ireful words.
I can't say that I blame him. These far right folks have been just batty of late.
I wonder if right before his presser he read a copy of "Armed & Dangerous: The Rise of The Survivalist Right" by James Coates. That's some scary stuff. That would put any president (especially one of color) in a foul mood.

Or maybe he has been listening to Mark Levin.

"He keeps telling us he won re-election,” Levin said of the president.

“Congratulations! But guess what, the Constitution wasn’t up for election, it wasn’t for a referendum,” he continued, before rattling off the list of ways he believes the president has expanded his office into an “imperial presidency,” including “unilateral action” on immigration, the tax implications of ObamaCare, “attacks on religious liberty,” and the potential use of executive order on gun control.

“What the hell is this?” Levin continued. “He was elected president. Congratulations. This guy makes Richard Nixon look like a man who followed the law all the time. I think we have an imperial president. He sounds imperial, he’s arrogant as hell and I’m furious about this.”

 “People better wake up to this. This is not what Bush did or what anybody else did. This president is different and in a very, very negative way and the fact that a lot of people voted for him, that’s extremely troubling, but the Constitution, as I said, that wasn’t up for grabs and it’s still not up for grabs....

“You would think that the Constitution is just another statute for these guys to play with,” Levin said. “This is why I’m furious. Once we lose the Constitution, and we’re losing it big, what’s left? How do we keep these people in check?”He concluded by saying it will “not be very pretty” if Obama invokes executive order in dealing with gun control."

Take a deep breath, Mark; you look like a heart attack waiting to happen. If I were you I would try to stay calm.

But back to President Obama's press conference. Dude was so mad he was telling congress to pay their bills. (When was the last time you heard a black man talking so publicly about paying his bills?) He declared that the Tea Party folks in congress wanted to collect "a ransom" in exchange for not crashing the economy. He did not seem happy about having America's credit rating taking another hit under his watch.

 “The full faith and credit of the United States of America is not a bargaining chip.”

“While I’m willing to compromise and find common ground over how to reduce our deficit, America cannot afford another debate with this Congress over how to pay the bills they’ve already racked up,”  [Source]

It was more like a lecture and a dropping of the gauntlet than a Q & A with the White House press corps. And when they asked questions he evaded them and tried to get back on message.

I think I prefer this Obama to the old one. This Obama is acting like a guy with nothing to lose. No more kissing babies and begging rich dudes to write checks so that he can get elected. I guess he learned that playing the nice guy role wasn't going to change how the other side feels about him.

This is your last four years Mr. President. It's Time to grow a pair. You better take a look around you and see how unhinged your enemies have become.

“People that are fed up with a power hungry, radicalized, abusive federal government intruding into every aspect of our lives,”
further

“People are going to say they’re fed up, and states are going to want more liberty and more freedom. They’re not going to want to tax their citizens to death anymore. If this pattern continues and gets worse and worse and worse, I can see at some point the states saying, ‘Forget it. I don’t want to be a part of this union anymore.’”

Hannity said if things continue on this current path he sees a possibility of conservative states leaving the union.

“There is a tipping point in all of these debates,” [Source]

All this because the black man told you to pay your bills?













Post a Comment

0 Comments