
It's Oscar night and I honestly don't really care who wins any of the golden statues. I don't have a dog in this fight. I saw a couple of the pics that were nominated and I am not really feeling any of them. (What exactly is a "slum dog"?)
Still, I have my own list of winners, and in the field's world this is how they would shake out:
1. BEST ACTOR: George W. Bush- For his great job of pretending to be a President for the past eight years.
2. BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR: Karl Rove-(Karl barely edged out Rupert Murdoch for this one. )
3. BEST ACTRESS: Lark Voorhies-For her tour de force role as herself in the field's fantasies.
4. BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS: Condoleezza Rice- It was close between Condi and Hillary. Hillary has a greater body of work, (for her role as the loving wife to slick Willie all these years) but Condi, just for this past year, gets the nod.
5. BEST DIRECTOR: Dick Cheney- For his brilliant role in orchestrating and directing the Iraq War. I know it was a dud at the box office, (too much money sunk into making it happen)but you have got to love the guys passion for his work.
6. BEST PICTURE: Barack Obama's"Change We Can Believe In". Talk about a hit. This one was packing them in from coast to coast. Now let's see if there will be a sequel.

0 Comments