
"If you saw Sunday's Free Press that shown Robert Bobb the emergency financial manager for Detroit Public Schools, move Mark Twain to Boynton which have three times the number seats then students and was one of the reason's he gave for closing school to many empty seats."
"Do DPS control the Foundation or outside group? If an outside group control the foundation, then what is DPS Board row with selection of is director? Our we mixing DPS and None DPS row's, and who is the watch dog?"
I know my writing style can be a mess at times, and lord knows I am no fan of you grammarians. But damn it those two paragraphs you just read above are beyond bad. And usually I wouldn't care, but those paragraphs represent copies of e-mails sent by the PRESIDENT OF THE DETROIT SCHOOL BOARD! Wait, let me repeat that for you:THE PRESIDENT OF THE DETROIT SCHOOL BOARD!
Now I know, that like clock work, certain people are going to be out to say: see, I told you so, those inner city black folks are just off the chain, and it's all the dumbocrats fault. But I submit to you that an argument like that would be totally ludicrous and disingenuous. Why? Because what is happening in Detroit should fall squarely on the shoulders of the people of Detroit. No one else. To put a man who cannot write (he said it, not me) to lead the Detroit School Board would be the equivalent of making Donald Trump the president of The Hair Club For Men.
I mean come on Motown, WTF were you all thinking? Look, I am sure that the guy is a great politician, and he probably has great political instincts. Hell the following statement confirms it:
" Mathis is liked and defended by many of his peers, who cite his collegiality, lack of defensiveness and leadership as more important than his writing skills. "
So give him another job to do within city government where he can utilize some of his other skills. I am sorry folks, sometimes perception, is reality. [Story here]

0 Comments