Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Partying done right, Clint gets cut, and no love for El Pato.

I don't give enough praise on this blog when praise is due, so tonight I am going to give a big shout out and props to all the young heads who showed up at the Parkway last night to make the "Made In America" concert a huge success. It's always a beautiful thing to see young people of all colors and different backgrounds vibing together.

Nothing like music to bring folks together. People are here from all over the world, and, so far, Philly has represented like the world class city that I know it is. (The Boss is in town as well, and I am sure that he will deliver the goods for his fans. ) 

Let's hope that they keep the party going tonight with nothing but positive vibrations. Ron Howard should have a pretty good documentary on his hands.

Speaking of filming, can someone tell me why Mitt Romney cut Clint (and the chair) out of the RNC video? I thought that wingnuts were all excited about what a terrific speech Clint gave. What happened? I told you all you can't trust Mitt. You wingnuts better be careful what you wish for. What kind of red blooded American cuts Clint from his video? I know. One who refuses to show his taxes.

But O, always the classy one, still happens to love Clint.

“He is a great actor, and an even better director,” Obama told USA Today aboard Air Force One en route to a campaign stop in Iowa Saturday. “I think the last few movies that he’s made have been terrific.” [Source]
O, I keep telling you, you are way too nice.
 
Anyway, I wonder if RNC delegate Mark Harris will show up in the video. Mark and his wife are typical wingnuts who don't seem to get out much. If they did they would notice that not everyone in America looks exactly like they do.

"During a trip to Epcot at Disneyworld, Pennsylvania delegate Mark Harris and his wife were shocked and offended to find a Mexican employee working at the amusement park’s American pavilion, which showcases the different cultures in the United States. According to the couple’s blog, Harris complained to staff that he was “highly offended” that a “person from Mexico” was working in the American pavilion when other nations’ pavilions were staffed by people from each respective country:"

Mark even posted about the "sad" incident on his blog. Poor Mark, one day he will look around and realize that America has changed. And if he and his friends on the right don't change with it, they will find themselves in the political wilderness for years to come.

Finally, I have to give Mr. Ryan credit for coming clean about his running skills.

"Representative Paul D. Ryan has taken back his claim that he had run a marathon in under three hours, an assertion that had drawn great skepticism in the running community and one that came after his convention speech faced scrutiny for some questionable and misleading statements.
Mr. Ryan issued a statement that was published over the weekend by The New Yorker magazine and Runners’ World clarifying his marathon performance:
“The race was more than 20 years ago, but my brother Tobin — who ran Boston last year — reminds me that he is the owner of the fastest marathon in the family and has never himself ran a sub-three. If I were to do any rounding, it would certainly be to four hours, not three. He gave me a good ribbing over this at dinner tonight.”
In the interview with the radio host Hugh Hewitt last week, Mr. Ryan was asked what were some of his best times in marathons, and he replied, “Under three, high twos. I had a two hour and fifty-something.”
Mr. Ryan is known for his dedicated physical fitness regimen. But as serious runners know, a marathon run under three hours is quite a feat, and requires a pace of under 7 minutes a mile for the whole race, as The Los Angeles Times pointed out."

Now if we can only get him to come clean about all the other whoppers he has been telling of late. 








   



Post a Comment

0 Comments