I really don't care who wins in Iowa, because, contrary to what the national news people will have you believe, whoever wins Iowa will not necessarily become our next president.
Anyway, speaking of politics, I have been thinking about something today after seeing Crystal Wright and her masters at FOX VIEWS denigrate Black History Month ,by having an entire program highlighting "dumb" black people staying on the democratic plantation to their economic and social detriment. Calling black people "political dummies" might make for a nice sound bite for your simple-minded base, but is it true?
Consider this for a minute; if the republican policies are so great, why are so many of their supporters poor working class blue collar white people? Why aren't they swimming in money like the puppet masters who pull all their strings in Washington? If, as Crystal Wrights suggests, black folks all of a sudden start voting for republicans in droves, what will make it any different for us? Why will our community all of a sudden become prosperous when the people who have been voting republican for years have not?
These are rhetorical questions, because I know the answer: It won't make a difference. And the people pulling the strings at the top know this. They know that the are causing poor and lower middle class white people to vote against their own best interest , and they are doing it by making black and brown people the bogeymen who will take away everything they hold dear.
Besides, I suspect that if blacks were to start voting republican in droves, the makeup of the republican party would change overnight. A lot of those republicans (particularly in the South) would start becoming democrats all of a sudden. The democratic party would start looking like it did in the fifties.
"Blacks have shown a slavish support for the Democrat party for over 50 years,” Wright replied. “Part of me wonders if the Republican party should even bother asking for the black vote because black Americans seem to like being political dummies.”
Crystal, not to be crass, but I would love to see your financial assets. Because I suspect that at the end of the day, the "dummy" might just be you.
*Pic from wbez.org

0 Comments