
"On Friday during our golf broadcast, Nick Faldo and I were discussing Tiger's dominance in the golf world and I used some poorly chosen words. I have known Tiger for 12 years and I have apologized directly to him. I also apologize to our viewers who may have been offended by my comments."
"Poorly chosen words". It seems we have been having a lot of that lately.
"Lynch Tiger Woods in a back alley"?
Kelly, your little apology is nice, but you really shouldn't be apologizing to Tiger. Instead, you should be apologizing to all the relatives and ancestors to the black men who have been brutalized and lynched in this country, from Thomas Shipp to William Brown. When you trivialize something as abominable and inhumane as lynching, you set us all back 50 years, and you insult us all. Not just Tiger. Mr. Woods will be fine. Money fame and power makes it easy to forgive those who have wronged you. But I don't forgive you, because although these were just some "poorly chosen words" to you; the shit is personal to me.
So you will be back at work in two weeks and your ratings will probably go up, because more people know who you are now. You will be smarter the next time though, because you will know better than using "poorly chosen words" when speaking in public. You will remember that "poorly chosen words" should only be spoken in private.

0 Comments