Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Praying for dollars.


Ahhh it's good to be home. Philly, in spite of it's bad rep, inspires me. There is just no other place like it. So here I sit, typing away, and still pissing off the racist and the trolls. ( BTW, please feel free to keep the hate e-mails and comments coming, but please try to be a little more creative in 2010.)

Tonight there is so much I could be blogging about. Danny Glover is dissing his O ness. Evander Holyfield is broke. Down in Tennessee, Nazi gear is all the rage. And here in A-merry-ca we still try to go all John Wayne on folks when things don't quite go our way. Still, I don't want to blog about any of that. Nope, tonight I want to blog about sacrifice. Yes sacrifice.

I would like to personally make a pledge of $1 to Rick Warren's Saddleback Church. It seems that things have been a little tough on old Rick and the mega church industry lately. So I want to do my part to contribute even though I am not a member, because I think that there is no better way to make sure that society functions smoothly than to make sure that folks can freely attend the mega church of their choice. If there is no church where will they go? Pastor Rick needs at least $900,000.00 pronto (no more than two days) or bad things will happen: Bills will go unpaid...(Didn't Oral Roberts- may his soul rest in peace- try this once?)

"I have thrilling news to share with you below but first some seriously bad news: With 10% of our church family out of work due to the recession, our expenses in caring for our community in 2009 rose dramatically while our income stagnated. Still, with wise management, we've stayed close to our budget all year. Then... this last weekend the bottom dropped out."On the last weekend of 2009, our total offerings were less than half of what we normally receive - leaving us $900,000 in the red for the year, unless you help make up the difference today and tomorrow."
I wonder what the "thrilling news" is? Yep, those half full offering plates can be a bitch.

....Oh wait, It's a miracle! The goal has been met. See, this is why I hate the Internet age, shit can happen right in the middle of your post. Sorry folks, apparently I was late with this one. Rick Warren, thanks to the generosity of his church members, is going to be just fine. (I guess I can keep my $1.)

One more mega church saved. I couldn't have imagined A-merry-ca without it.

Post a Comment

0 Comments