Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ranting to close out 09.


The po po shooting unarmed men in church; The Chinese putting mentally ill foreigners to death; The Iranians shooting protesters to death; and big time college football coaches allegedly hazing their players. What a way to end 2009. Stop the world, I want to get off.


If you are his O ness you must be wondering what the heck you got yourself into. Did you see the poor guy at his news conference yesterday? He looked like I would have been looking if I had to interrupt my Hawaiian vacation to calm you softies here in A-merry-ca. What a bunch of babies.

You cried long and hard for your president to come and assure you that everything was alright, and he had no choice but to emerge and tell you that everything was OK, and you could relax. Yes there were some failures, but your government is getting it right now. That is, of course, until the next lunatic decides to carry out his mission of death and destruction against the infidels.

Of course watching the way his people botched the first few days after the flying Nigerian did his thing, I guess he figured if you want something done right you have to do it yourself. Not that it did much good. Folks are still jittery, and his critics are still chirping.

And speaking of chirping; I want to chirp about something else that has me seeing red tonight: It's the treatment of poor women in California. As my man John McEnroe would say: "You cannot be serious!" Cutting cancer screening to women who make less than $21, 600.00 per year? (How did they come up with that figure?) So if you make $21,601.00 I guess you are OK.

I know states are facing a budget shortfall, but these are the lives of women we are talking about here. Couldn't they find somewhere else to cut? Like the salaries of their elected officials, for instance. That would be a nice start. Cali is looking at a 20 billion [with a b] budget- shortfall, these cuts would save about 10 million. I guess they have to start somewhere, so why not with the lives of a bunch of insignificant poor women?

Isn't the actions of some of the people charged with making decisions in California a form of terrorism? The people of California should have some new and improved screening for their asses before they vote them back into office.


Post a Comment

0 Comments