Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Rupert's "real black", and Emerge magazine is back.

"Ben and Candy Carson terrific. What about a real black President who can properly address the racial divide? And much else."

Hmmm, a "real black President." This is what the founder and CEO of FOX NEWS is claiming that America needs. Forget the fact that his network is responsible for the "racial divide" here in America. It takes some serious cojones for a man in his position to make such a declaration.

Here is the obvious question, though: How does an old Australian white man know what a "real black man" should look or act like?

I am sure that Barack Obama not being a black man is news to Michele Obama. Personally, I will take Barack Obama in the race draft over Ben Carson. Ben has done some great things, and we would have taken him about 20 years ago, but he is a free agent now, he has cleared waivers and you white folks are free to pick him up anytime you want.

But back to the head man over at FOX. If I were Rupert Murdoch I would just leave black issues alone, especially given his network's history with us.

"African-American Fox News staffers find it “very difficult” to work at the network, former president of the National Association of Black Journalists Bob Butler told TheWrap on Thursday.
“I’ve talked to some folks who work there and it’s very difficult, especially when you have all the hit pieces that are done on Obama,” Butler said.
 
His comments come as Rupert Murdoch continues to face criticism over a controversial tweet on Wednesday that insinuated President Obama isn’t “a real black president.” Murdoch apologized on Thursday.
 
But those disillusioned staffers also told Butler, “Look, this is a job, I have to do it, and sometimes you have to just hold your nose and do what you have to do to collect a paycheck.” Butler, who served as president of the NABJ from 2013-2015, said those employees are good producers who pride themselves on covering news.
 
Regarding Murdoch’s comments suggesting the president isn’t an authentic black president, a dumbfounded Butler wondered “what does that even mean?”
 
 
He’s not surprised Murdoch isn’t a fan of Obama judging by the editorial policies of his properties, but wouldn’t call him a racist.
 
“I always stop short of saying someone is being blatantly racist,” Butler continued before saying it’s troubling for Murdoch, who isn’t black, to be deciding who is “black enough.” [Source]
 
Memo to Rupert: I heard Barack singing that Al Green tune, and I think I speak for every black person in America when I say that his black card is intact.  
 
Finally, speaking of black card cred. I am so glad that George Curry is back with his very fine magazine. I met him down in Washington a few months ago and he said that he was coming back.  I, for one, am glad that he did.
 
We will be forever grateful for this issue.
 
The online news world is now a much better place. 
 







Post a Comment

0 Comments