_20100207195613_640_480.jpg)
I am watching the Super Bowl halftime show and trying my best to explain to Mrs. Field just who The Who is. (Try saying that five times really fast.) Needless to say, she is disappointed. "Couldn't they have come up with a better band?" she is asking me, as if I run the NFL.
Anywhoo, other than a few dropped passes, it's been a well played game so far, and I have enjoyed it.
The commercials, on the other hand, not so much. I mean it's only the first half, but the CBS promos and that Snickers commercial have been the clear winners. Memo to the folks over at Doritos: Not cool playing into the Bebe's Kids stereotype. What else? Oh, and Latifah did alright with A-merry-ca the beautiful. The woman that sang the National anthem, I am not familiar with. Mrs. Field is into country and western and she says that she is a popular country and western singer. I guess she was OK, but after Whitney did her thing a few years back, the bar has been set higher than most folks can ever hope to reach.
Alright, let me get back to the game. I will finish this post later.
OH MY! WHO DAT NATION
HAS WON A SUPER BOWL! Mrs. Field is ecstatic. Good for them. That city and the people down there have been through so much, they deserve this. Folks, the Quarter will be rocking tonight.
HAS WON A SUPER BOWL! Mrs. Field is ecstatic. Good for them. That city and the people down there have been through so much, they deserve this. Folks, the Quarter will be rocking tonight. This just goes to show you that anything is possible in A-merry-ca. A black man is president and the Saints won a Super Bowl. What's next, the Clippers win an NBA title? OK, that's a stretch. But tonight you have to believe that everything is possible.
Finally, is it me or does it seem like the commercials are getting more lame every year? As usual I liked the E-Trade spots, and the Volkswagen spot with Tracy Morgan and Stevie was alright. But other than that....they need to start firing some ad. executives on Madison Avenue.
Oh well, I am off to bed now. What, you thought I was rooting for the Saints because of Drew Brees? ;)

0 Comments