
I am on my way out the door and I can't leave without talking about the beauty queen's little sit down with Charlie (I really need a lifetime subscription to GQ Magazine) Gibson. BTW, Charlie, WTF? You make a zillion dollars a year, and you conduct one of the biggest interviews of your career in that outfit? They don't have producers over at ABC News to help you with such things? Anyway, I digress.
“I would never presume to know God’s will or to speak God’s words... But what Abraham Lincoln had said, and that’s a repeat in my comments, was let us not pray that God is on our side in a war or any other time, but let us pray that we are on God’s side.”
Huh? And this woman is a heart beat and a malignant tumor away from the presidency? I don't know god's will either beauty queen, but if there is one, I sure hope he or she helps us.
And will someone please tell me that it's not true that the beauty queen did not know what the "Bush Doctrine" was? When Gibson asked her if she would continue the "Bush Doctrine" she asked him which part of the "Bush Doctrine" he meant. Nice dodge there beauty queen, lucky for you that Gibson bailed you out with the next question, by telling you the answer in the question. Folks, imagine that for a minute; this woman did not know the most talked about part of the foreign policy of her parties' president. A man who has been president for the past seven years. The "Bush Doctrine" (strike a perceived threat before it strikes us) is why we are in Iraq now. And this woman does not know what it is? How did we come to this?
Then there is this traveling thing. When asked if she had ever met a leader of a foreign country she said, no. She defended herself by saying that many people in her position had never met a foreign leader. Not true beauty queen. ABC did a fact check, and for the past 30 years every potential VP had met a foreign leader up to this point, sorry. I guess that explains her answer about Russia. Hey memo to the beauty queen: going to war with Russia is not like getting one of your rifles and going to hunt in the Alaskan wilderness. I know you consider yourself a cowgirl, but you might want to reconsider your position on that front. Putin ain't your local county commissioner. You can't just push him around, or threaten to fire him if you don't get your way.
McCain spokesman, Rick Davis, told FAKE NEWS that Palin wouldn't talk to the press until she could be treated with "respect and deference". Let me translate that for you: She won't be speaking to the press until we we can give her an intense crash course in foreign policy. Because right now our girl just isn't ready. How could she be? When she says stuff like she can see Russia from Alaska, and implies that it makes her an expert on Russian affairs? As my friend Dan said: "I can see the Comcast building from our office, does that make me a fucking video technician?" No Dan it does not, but then you are not Sarah Palin. Sarah has special gifts from god.
I can't wait for round two with this clown. Apparently, tonight, on 20/20, she talks about her opposition to stem cell research, and why she supported the bridge to nowhere, before she was against it. I can't wait for part two with the beauty queen, it should be fun.
"On January 20th, when John McCain and I are sworn in, if we are so privileged to be elected to serve this country, we will be ready... "I'm ready."
We will be ready too Sarah, but it will be to to get out survival kits, and our passports.

0 Comments