
Mrs. Field and I are always throwing around different places where would consider living out the rest of our days. Jamaica: Bermuda: The Virgin Islands: South Louisiana: Florida: And on and on it goes. One of the places that Mrs. Field always mentions is the Shenandoah Valley region of Virginia. She always wanted to build one of those log homes right smack in the middle of that area. Well I have news for Mrs. Field: It ain't happening. I wish I would move to a state that elects people like Ken Cuccinelli to public office.
Just because he couldn't control his sexual urges whenever he walked into the office and saw the state seal, this clown actually ordered his staff to cover up the Roman goddess. (See what you started, Janet?)
"Virginia's attorney general Ken Cuccinelli is hard at work on the important issues of the day -- like making sure the Roman goddess depicted on his state's official seal isn't exposing herself.
The current seal shows "Virtus, the goddess of virtue, dressed as a warrior," with her foot resting "on the chest of the figure of tyranny, who is lying on the ground." She is holding a spear and her left breast is exposed.
Or at least it was exposed. At a recent meeting, Cuccinelli provided pins to his staff with a new seal on which "Virtus' bosom is covered by an armored breastplate," the Virginian-Pilot reported. These new pins were not paid for by taxpayer dollars, Cuccinelli's office insisted.
The original state seal was designed by George Wythe, a signer of the Declaration of Independence, and was first adopted in 1776, according to a Virginia state website. But so much for that.
"When you ask to be ridiculed, it usually happens. And it will happen here, nationally," University of Virginia political scientist Larry Sabato told the Pilot. "This is classical art, for goodness' sake."
And indeed, the mockery has already begun. "I'm outraged -- no longer can the Virginia state seal be the centerfold of the state seal magazine," leading Virginia blogger Ben Tribbett joked to HuffPost." [Article with pictures of Ken's seal. ]
OK we can all laugh about it now. But this is a serious matter. This is what happens when you put wingnuts who want to stamp their brand of morality on the rest of us in high places. I keep telling you people, A-merry-ca is looking more and more like a theocracy every day. What's next, we can't buy alcohol on Sundays? Oh wait; we can't buy alcohol on Sundays here in Pistolvania. And, I suspect, many other places as well.
Oh well, looks like Mrs. Field will have to forget that log home. I never really liked them that much anyway.
And finally, I have two more stories tonight from the Huff Po. Tell me which one you think is more likely true.
The teabagger folks says that there is no place in their movement for racist behavior. And,
a man in China died after a giant eel was inserted in his rectum by some of his friends as a joke.
If you picked the eel story you are not alone.

0 Comments