Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Some random thoughts.

So my wife bought a very nice house coat from a popular department store.


She brought it home, tried it on, and get this: there was a small Pentecostal bible in the pocket. What's up with that? I wanted to call the store and make an issue of it, but wifey said to leave it alone. She was not as offended about it as I was.


Personally, I can't stand when folks proselytize to me. I don't care what form it takes.


The world is a cold place. A woman who has been missing from her home since early this month was found in her car by the Amtrak train station here in Philly.


The poor thing was found dead in her car that had been parked on city streets for a few days. (It was even towed to its current location for snow removal) There were numerous tickets on the car window compliments of our infamous parking authority.


Folks are wondering how she wasn't noticed. To be fair, her back windows were tinted, and there was snow on the windshield.


But still, you would think that somebody would have noticed her.


I am still trying to figure out this NFL 15 yard N-word penalty. I know that Rev. Al and some older African Americans like the idea, but I am someone in the "old- head" camp who doesn't necessarily think it's such a great idea.


Grown as men should be able to control themselves and refrain from using that word under these conditions. Particularly if you are of the Caucasian persuasion. (No white folks, you can't say it. I know that we say it to each other, but get over it.) Are you going to flag a black player for calling another black player the N-word as well?


Look, I despise hateful language as much as the next guy, but we really have to be careful how and when we choose to regulate morality and decency.


These players will find a way to police themselves. They did it with Riley Cooper last year.


And staying with the NFL, some current players are wondering how they will handle a Gay teammate in the locker room. Sadly, 14% of them are not cool with the idea of playing with an openly Gay teammate. The good news is that an overwhelming majority of players are cool with it.


Honestly, some of you cats need to get over yourselves.


I had a Gay dude tell me that he found me attractive and I was flattered. It's not like dude is going to jump your bones in the shower. If he knows you don't roll that way he will leave you alone. But if you find that he is attracted to you enjoy the compliment and keep it popping.  


Speaking of keeping it popping, I am not sure I see the big deal about this Duke University freshman moonlighting as a porn star. It's not like we are talking about BYU here.


Sixty thousand a year is no joke, and if being a porn star is how girlfriend comes up with her annual tuition, I say she should go on an utilize her...ahem, ahem, skills, in whatever way she sees fit. As long as she is not breaking any laws and is maintaining her grades I am cool with it.


Finally, some of you Negroes need Jesus. Wait... this Negro was actually preaching the word.


"An Atlanta area minister was sentenced to ten years in prison by a Clayton County judge on Friday.


Craig Davis had denied everything: the sex outside his marriage and even his positive HIV status -- until now.


However, this week, a Clayton County jury convicted him on two counts of Reckless HIV, which is a felony.  In his sentence hearing, one of the church women who says she had sex with Davis told the judge that she's "the one serving a life sentence."


In the hearing, the prosecutor painted Davis as "unrepentant" and when it comes to unprotected sex, unstoppable. But the hearing took a turn right before the sentence was handed down -- Davis took the stand in a last minute plea for mercy.


The pastor confessed that he was HIV and that he had engaged in unprotected sex without telling the women of his status. He also confessed that he believed his actions were 'wrong.'


Davis was sentenced to ten years in prison and ten years on probation. If he commits another crime or contacts the victims, authorities were append an addition ten years to his sentence."  [Source]


I bet this Negro had a nice bible.















   

Post a Comment

0 Comments