Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Stay away from corruption Mr. Cao.



There is hope for my peeps after all. Looks like they finally voted out that crook, Dollar Bill Jefferson. Yes my friends, you all know how I feel about corrupt politicians, so I was quite thrilled to hear of this bit of news. The fact that Anh "Joseph" Cao is a republican makes no difference to me. If he is going to do a better job of serving the 2nd congressional district of Louisiana, well then good for him.

It's nice to see black folks rejecting corruption and patronage. (Although I have to wonder why this clown was in the run off in the first place) Now granted, the turnout was low (12% among black people) and Cao only won by two percentage points, but I don't ever want to hear that black people just blindly vote for the black guy because he is black again. That has never been true, and now, hopefully, people will stop saying it. Cao is a Vietnamese immigrant, (the first Vietnamese American to go to Congress) and his election makes Louisiana the one state where the rethugs can brag about a bigger tent. Their Governor is an Indian American, and now their Congressman from the 2nd district is a person of color as well. Good for the "boot."



I just hope the rethugs are taking notes. The demographics of the country is changing, you should try to change with it. You should be reaching out to more aspiring politicians of color to carry your party's banner and deliver your message.

As for Jefferson, his three decades of political power and patronage is history. And apparently quite a few of his cronies were voted out of local offices as well. So it looks like lights out for Dollar Bill, and for all practical purposes, his political career is over.




It couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy.


Mr. Cao, I don't know if you will be in Washington very long, and that might be a blessing for you. Look what Washington did to Bill Jefferson.

Post a Comment

0 Comments