Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Suitgate, and Bill O'Reilly's Negro jones keeps getting stronger.

reagan_tan_suit2You know we have some issues as a country when we obsess over a president's suit and not what he is actually talking about at a press conference.


For the record, I moved past clothes pony to clothes horse status a long time ago. I am very much in touch with my sartorial side. Therefore I believe that I am more than qualified to comment on the president's suit.


In my not so humble opinion, the color is fine. The suit  itself could use a little more tailoring (he is a slender man), but he is the president, not a GQ model.


Had he worn that suit at a press conference next week sometime it might have been a different story, but Labor Day has not yet arrived, so it's all good. The tie, on the other hand, well...


But look at me; I am embarrassed to say that I am doing the exact same thing that I accused a fickle American public of doing.


But hey, I am not a United States Congressman.

"The overload of coverage over Barack Obama‘s tan suit has led to some unexpected consequences: Rep. Peter King (R-NY), called into The Steve Malzberg Show to rage about how “trivial” the summer suit was.


Summer suits, according to Rep. King, are not appropriate garb for talking about terrorism or ISIS, and especially when the President says he doesn’t have a strategy to deal with the resurgence of terrorism.


“For him to walk out — I’m not trying to be trivial here — in a light suit, light tan suit, saying that first he wants to talk about what most Americans care about the revision of second quarter numbers on the economy,” he seethed.


“This is a week after Jim Foley was beheaded and he’s trying to act like real Americans care about the economy, not about ISIS and not about terrorism. And then he goes on to say he has no strategy.”


Yes, how dare he talk about the economy and not some dude with a James Bond accent cutting off Jim Foley's head?


Well, with all due respect to the family of Jim Foley, maybe because most Americans care more about what is going on in their homes and putting food on their table than the horrific acts of terrorists on the other side of the world.


And how dare he talk about ISIS in a tan suit? *shaking head*


Honestly, the last person I would ever listen to when it comes to fashion is an old white republican.


I am pretty sure Barack Obama feels the same way.


Besides, Mr. King and others in his gang worshiped a man who always wore lighter colored suits. Heck, he even wore one to meet the pope.


Speaking of old white men, over at FOX VIEWS Bill O'Reilly's Negro obsession continues.


"In his latest print column, Fox News’s Bill O’Reilly says Michael Brown‘s affinity for rap music may have led him astray and influenced him to have a negative attitude toward police.


Brown is the black 18-year-old who was unarmed in Ferguson, Mo., when he was shot dead by a white police officer in early August. Brown was reportedly a fan of rap music and wrote some of his own rap lyrics.


“Michael Brown rapped about violence, smoking weed, making big money, and having sex with ‘hos,’” O’Reilly wrote. “[T]hat does not automatically mean he was a thug. Far worse, it shows that he was not all that different from so many other young men who are stewing in a pernicious culture that glorifies violence and misogyny.”


O’Reilly says in the op-ed that for “suburban” kids, rap music is usually a mere distraction. “But to young men with no fathers, no guidance, no structure, and very little hope, the thug life depicted in the music is a siren song.”The column then turns to criticism of President Barack Obama and the first lady for promoting what O’Reilly sees as similar entertainment:
So the President and First Lady honor a dubious “poet,” [Common] invite a foul-mouth rapper [Big Sean] to “sing” as part of an Easter celebration, and regularly pal around with Beyoncé and Jay-Z. That’s when Beyoncé isn’t slithering salaciously and Jay-Z isn’t talkin’ ’bout some bitches. The First Family sets a stellar example for young blacks in many ways, but they seem to have a blind spot when it comes to popular culture.
“Rap music didn’t kill him, a policeman’s bullets did,” O’Reilly concludes. “But who knows whether his attitude towards cops, shaped by violent music, played some role in any possible confrontation?”


So not only does the president wear the wrong color suit, he causes the killing of a Missouri teen at the hands of a policeman as well.


I think I would rather follow the example of a solid family man and father over some dirt bag who has all kinds of issues with his own family life, and who is a serial sexual predator in his work place.


But hey, that's just me.















 



Post a Comment

0 Comments