Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

That ain't "Flipper".


I was really torn about what to blog about tonight. I didn't know if I should blog about you black folks getting upset because a white sorority won a step show. (And, from what I could see, they deserved it.) Why? If they out stepped your asses they deserved to win. (h/t to Hawa) Then, of course, there is all the political theater going on up in Zoo Yawk. (Mr. Rangel, blaming your ethics problems on your staff is house Negro behavior) Not to mention down in D.C., where a certain secretary is heading out the door. (I guess girlfriend never recovered from the gate crashers fiasco.) Still, I decided that tonight I don't want to blog about any of that. Nope, tonight I want to blog about animals.

Now you all know how I feel about some of you people and your pets. I have some serious issues with how some of us humans choose to exercise our position of power in the pecking order when it comes to living things here on earth.

I am cool with eating animals, and using them for our benefit. Hey, we are smarter than they are (some of us) so they are just SOL when it comes to certain things. Certain things. Because there are times when they do their best to upset the order of things. Like the recent chimp attack that took place in Stamford, Ct. (Why someone would have a pet chimp is beyond me.) And, of course, the latest incident down in Sea World comes to mind. I mean here we have a killer whale being trained for our entertainment, and the big fella just saying enough and treating his trainer like...well.. his meal.

Folks, this is a big deal, and the folks down at Sea World have been taking some heat for the way that they treat their animals. I mean even the whale is talking.

One thing we do know is that Sea World won't stop training their whales for our entertainment, because there is just too much at stake: A brand; money; jobs. Hell the killer whale won't even do any time for his actions. He is still with Sea World, and will probably be coming to a pool near you for more shows very soon.

"SeaWorld Orlando also said it intends to continue using in its performances Tilikum, the 6-ton orca that pulled veteran trainer Dawn Brancheau to her death on Wednesday, though the animal will not be used Saturday."He's been a part of our team and he will remain a part of our team," SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment President Jim Atchison told reporters during an afternoon news conference at the Orlando theme park"

Yep, Tilikum will be coming back, but Dawn will not. Tilikum made sure of that.



Post a Comment

0 Comments