Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The Big Game.



It's halftime of the big game, and I have some thoughts:

First, can someone tell me why Matt Millen, a man who built a team that just went 0-16, is an analyst for NBC Sports? I mean honestly, which executive at NBC does he have pictures of? And Jennifer Hudson's anthem damn near had me in tears. Girlfriend has some serious pipes.

And I love the "Bus", I really do, but come on Jerome, it's time for a new tailor.

I loved the piece on Larry Fitzgerald, and it's always nice to see an athlete who can articulate himself without sounding like.....well, an athlete.


Oh, and so far (except for the e-trade one with the two babies) all the commercials suck.


And is it me, or does the Steelers linebacker, James Harrison, look like James from "Good Times"? Oh, and James, that was a hell of a run.

Alright, I am going back to the game now.......


........Okay I am back. That, my friends, was a great football game. That catch by Holmes to win it was terrific. I think it's right up there with Clark from Montana. Oh, and Fitzgerald is a beast. I was having NFC Championship game flash backs after he broke for that touchdown to give Omar Epps and the Steelers the lead.



So Obama's guy won and McCain's guy lost. The Rooneys (who own the Steelers) are huge Obama supporters, and they gave him their time and money during the campaign. The owner of the Cards, on the other hand, is a McCain guy all the way. Of course that's not surprising given that the team is based in Arizona. So one more victory for his O ness, I swear that guy keeps a four leaf clover in his pocket.


So to sum up this year's Super Bowl I would say that the entertainment gets a A plus, the game itself gets an A plus, and the commercials a D minus. (Although I saw a couple of good ones in the second half. I think it was the mobsters in Denny's and the Bridgestone tire commercial with the astronauts.)



I sure wish my birds could have been there. Oh well, there is always next year. I still can't believe that Steeler nation now has six Lombardi trophies, and we can't even sniff one. Life can be so unfair.

Post a Comment

0 Comments