You have to be a special kind of stupid to believe that God wanted trump to be president. But don't laugh, that is exactly what Sarah Huckabee Sanders told a Christian broadcasting station recently.
If God really planned to give us trump as president, God really has a sick way of showing love for the people she created. Atheist all over the world must be saying, I told you so.
Still, I never understand when folks say God wanted a particular outcome and not another. I mean some white Christian conservatives hated Obama, and yet he was president for eight years.Did God give us Obama as well? Did God put democrats in the House these past mid-terms by helping them to take so many seats from republicans? I mean all this God love from right-wingnuts just doesn't make sense when she has been throwing them so much shade recently.
The funny thing is that trump himself has embraced this farcical mantra that he is some kind of religious man of God. So much so that he is doing dangerous things such as speaking out for bible literacy tests in public schools. This from a man who couldn't even quote his favorite bible verse when asked. (He literally made up his own passage in the bible.)
I am quite sure the last time Mr. trump touched a bible was when he accidentally touched one on a night stand while in a hotel room with one of his jump-offs. It's kind of ironic that a man who has cheated on numerous wives, and has been accused of rape, is the religious leader that Christian conservatives choose to embrace.
But hey, to each his or her own.
"I think God calls all of us to fill different roles at different times and I think that he wanted Donald Trump to become president," Sanders said, according to CBN News. "That's why he's there and I think he has done a tremendous job in supporting a lot of the things that people of faith really care about."
I have a verse for Sarah. It's from the book of John: "God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”
The truth part is going to be a little tough for the flock .

0 Comments