Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The company you keep.

"...neurosurgeon and newfound conservative icon Ben Carson told Breitbart TV that America currently resembles Nazi Germany.


During the annual New York Meeting on Monday, Carson reportedly mentioned that we “live in a Gestapo age.” After the event, Fox News contributor Mallory Factor asked the doctor what he meant.
His response [emphasis added]:
I mean, [we are] very much like Nazi Germany. And I know you’re not supposed to say ‘Nazi Germany,’ but I don’t care about political correctness. You know, you had a government using its tools to intimidate the population. We now live in a society where people are afraid to say what they actually believe. And it’s because of the PC police, it’s because of politicians, it’s because of news. All of these things are combining to stifle people’s conversation. The reason that is so horrible is because the only way you have harmony and reach a consensus is by talking. But if, in fact, people are afraid to talk, you never reach consensus. And instead you grow further and further apart. And that’s exactly what’s happening, creating a horrible schism that will destroy our nation." [Source]


Dr. Ben, here is the thing; I don't want to have a talk with anyone who uses Nazi analogies when talking about a government he opposes in this particular country.


Those comments were asinine and full of hyperbole. As far as I am concerned the good doctor is no different than Gil Switzer.


And in case anyone was wondering, Gil Switzer is the dude down in Georgia who hates this president so much that he found it necessary to fly the Nazi flag in his yard as a sign of protest.


"A Georgia man infuriated his neighbors recently after he decided to fly the Nazi flag in his back yard in protest of the dictator he believes President Barack Obama has become.


Warner Robins, Ga., resident Gil Switzer insisted that he is neither racist nor anti-Semitic, but that he believes Obama “shows the features and the behavior of a dictator,” specifically Adolph Hitler. To show his distaste for the president’s actions, Switzer has taken to flying a swastika.


His neighbors told WXIA-11 that they want the flag take down because, in spite of Switzer’s assertions to the contrary, they do believe it demonstrates racism." [Source]


So Dr. Carson has gone from a well respected neurosurgeon to a babbling right wing buffoon.
This saddens me, because Dr. Carson is a member of the church that I grew up in. He is also a man who I had an enormous amount of respect for because of his talent and hard work to get to where he is, professionally.

I actually met him once and found him to be a gentleman.  

Sadly, though, being a good doctor does not necessarily make him a good legislature or a good policy maker.

He should stick to what he does best: Being a doctor. Not going around making a fool of himself by parroting over- the-top rightwing talking points. 
       








 





Post a Comment

0 Comments