Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The GOP stands by their man, but the NYPD does not.

I have been away for the holidays, but now I am home. It's always nice to be back in Philly after a long trip. 

Anyway, I am still perturbed by Cedric Richmond coming out and defending the GOP whip, Steve Scalise.  His clueless and ignorant actions has given the GOP cover to defend the indefensible, and they wasted no time in doing just that.

"..GOP freshmen Martha McSally of Arizona, Lee Zeldin of New York and Barbara Comstock of Virginia all indicated their support Sunday for Scalise, as did Sen. John Barrasso, R-Wyo.
Comstock said on CNN's "State of the Union" that colleagues view Scalise as "a man of good heart and good character."

Barrasso said that speaking to the group was a "grave mistake," but he cited Richmond's backing for Scalise and said the matter was not an issue for his constituents.

"This has not come up as a discussion point in Wyoming," Barrasso said on NBC's "Meet The Press."

Well I guess not Sen. Barrasso. We are, after all, talking about "Wyoming"

But back to Mr. Richmond.

I would expect this type of blind support for a man who speaks to white supremacists from people like Mia Love and Ron Christie, but not someone like Cedric Richmond. He should know better.

Finally, the actions of those police officers in who turned their backs on the city's mayor at the funeral of a fallen colleague was disgusting.

The banner I could live with, but not this.

It makes you wonder about the makeup of these particular boys in blue.

Even if you have strong disagreements with the mayor, you have to act with class and dignity on such an occasion. Especially if you are a police officer who is sworn to uphold the law.

Still, I am glad that the mayor himself spoke about the incident and called it what it was: "disrespectful."

I hate to say it, but I suspect that most of you know why this is happening.

I will leave that alone for now, but you all know what I am thinking.



 



    

Post a Comment

0 Comments