In case you didn't know, Mr. McDaniel could be your next senator from the state of Mississippi. He is pushing incumbent Thad Cochran in the GOP primary and he has the support of people like Sarah Palin.
"The Wall Street Journal reports that McDaniel once said, “If they pass reparations, and my taxes go up, I ain’t paying taxes.”
In addition McDaniel is alleged to have made derogatory remarks about Latinos.
McDaniel’s spokesman says, “The liberal press clearly loves to attack conservatives of all types. When Chris got into this race he knew they would throw mud, so it’s no surprise they’d dredge up decade-old comments made on conservative talk radio. Chris will continue to deliver his conservative message of controlling government spending, lowering taxes, and repealing Obamacare across the state.” [Source]
Of course ignorance like that will probably make him very popular among republican voters in Mississippi. He had more to say:
"On Mexico: “Why don’t we all immigrate south, let’s go to Mexico…You know, a dollar bill can buy a mansion in Mexico. And I think we all get together, go down there, build us a studio for like 26 pesos, uh and you know, put on a radio show right there in Mexico. Live the rest of our lives there.”
–Asked by someone else in the studio, “Do we have to learn Spanish?” Mr. McDaniel replied, “Yes, regrettably…You’ll have to learn just enough to ask where the bathroom is. Baños. Baños. That’s what you say.”
–Mr. McDaniel then asked someone to translate, “Do you have a sister?” “What about mamacita?” he offered. “Mamacita works….I’m an English-speaking Anglo. I have no idea what it means, actually, but I’ve said it a few times, just for, you know, fun. And I think it basically means, ‘Hey, hot mama.’ Or, you know, ‘You’re a fine looking young thing.’”
- Later, he weighed in on the momentary outcry over an ad released in international markets promoting the white version of a portable video-game console. The spot included a shot of a white woman and a black woman wrestling. “There’s a white woman, and she’s holding down a black woman. The world’s gone nuts. Listen to this. Minority groups in California screaming that the image is racist. ‘San Francisco politician Tom LeLand says ‘It’s racially charged, unnecessary and clearly offensive to our community.’ Well, she wasn’t holding down a gay guy.” [Source]
Nice. So he is a racist, a sexist, and a xenophobe. He will also probably be a US Senator soon, which probably says more about the modern- day republican party than it does Mr. McDaniel.
I wonder if any one of my black conservative friends will come forward to condemn his ignorant and benighted statements. If they do, I will be the first to praise them on this blog for standing up to someone in their gang.
I won't hold my breath, though; black conservatives don't like to "rock the boat". Go along to get along is their motto.
Finally, I am glad that O can joke about the "birther" movement, but there is nothing funny about those people. They are seriously taking this country backwards.
And if folks think that this movement was about anything other than race, I have a beautiful red statue with the words LOVE on it to sell you. It's sitting in a park here in Philly, just send me a check and you can go and pick it up.
“'And just to be clear, I know where my birth certificate is, but a lot of people don’t,' Obama added, to laughter from the crowd. 'I think it’s still up on a website somewhere.'
'Do you remember that? That was crazy' he remarked, clearly straying from his prepared speech. 'That was some crazy stuff. I haven’t thought about that in a while.”'
Sorry O, you should be thinking about it, because that's one of the reasons that you can't get things done in Washington. It wasn't "crazy"; it was wingnuts. They are the same folks who will be voting for Chris McDaniel.

0 Comments