Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The last laugh.

"The whole town's laughing at me Silly fool, how'd you lose such a good friend? Oh...Maybe if I had spent more time with you Maybe then, maybe then you still be mine Maybe I think about it And only if I had been just a little more kind to you There'd be no need, for this man to be cryin"

I know that Mitt Romney isn't exactly a Philly International kind of guy when it comes to his music, but I wouldn't be surprised if my man is playing that Teddy Pendergrass classic over and over in his head right about now. 

The "good friend", of course, would be the American electorate. The day after an Obama political beat down my man and his minions must be wondering what hit them. 

Unemployment at almost 8%,political gridlock in Washington, FOX News in full Benghazi mode, the country heading for a "fiscal cliff", wingnuts foaming at the mouth, and he still couldn't deliver. Is it any wonder that the whole town is laughing?

Of course, as is to be expected, wingnuts are doubling down. They have already started pointing fingers and declaring that the problem was that Mitt wasn't conservative enough. The circular firing squad is getting ready start shooting. Conservative radio was all over Mitt today, and they swear that if they had elected someone further to the right this would not have happened.

Then there are those on the other side. These are the folks the tea party types call the "Washington insiders". Folks like Karl Rove and the talking heads over at FOX. They blame everything from Hurricane Sandy to Candy Crowley being too hard on Mitt in one of the debates. They also want to reach out to Hispanics and women (notice there is nothing about reaching out to Negroes)because, as Rove said last night, Hispanics have many shared values with conservatives and traditional Americans. (See white folks)The problem is, of course, that Hispanics, like black folks, know when and where they are not wanted, ("Self deport", Mitt?) and their memories didn't all of a sudden go away. So the incredible shrinking party will continue to go away.They will continue to pick up votes among poor uneducated Southern whites, who, every year, can be counted to turn states like Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama (and their single digit electoral college votes) red. That's not going to get you to 270. And, thanks in part to candidates like Todd Akin and Richard Mourdock, they will continue to lose young people, minorities, and women from under their tent.

"Had my dream so near I could reach out and touch it And I lost it and I lost it Had a world complete It was, oh, so sweet And I lost it and I lost it."

Don't worry Mitt; there will always be The Olympic Games.

Finally, O is too classy to do it so I will do it for him: To Donald Trump, Peggy Noonan, Michael Medved, Karl Rove, and others; your crow is ready. I hope you like jerk seasoning.

h/t to Greg Fuller for the pic.

 


 

 

 


      
  


Post a Comment

0 Comments