So where am I going with all this table tennis talk? Well it seems that one republican lawmaker in Texas doesn't share my view of table tennis. In fact, he actually believes that it is more dangerous to play table tennis than to play with guns.
"Incoming Texas State Rep. Kyle Kacal says guns don’t kill people—ping-pong kills people.
"I've heard of people being killed playing ping-pong—ping-pongs are more dangerous than guns," he says. "Flat-screen TVs are injuring more kids today than anything."'
OK, the flat screen TV could probably hurt kids, but "ping-pong"?
Let's forget, for a minute, that according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission this is not true. But the very thought of a lawmaker coming up with "ping-pong" as one of the things that a parent should be concerned with for their child is just...well it boggles the mind.
Finally, I am glad to see that the republicans will stay in Washington after their "Plan B" vote tonight. I am sure that Mr. Tan Man will pull enough of his members in line to get enough votes. But I have to wonder if there is a Plan C, though. I mean raising income taxes on those who make over a million dollars is not quite what we had in mind when we asked both sides to reach a compromise. And then, to top it off, Plan B would actually end up raising taxes on lower middle class folks. This is not good.
Keep working boys, and don't leave Washington until that cliff is averted.


0 Comments