Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The white Katrina?

I am still waiting for some country and western singer to declare that Barack Obama doesn't care about white people. The white version of Katrina is playing itself out in New York these days. (I see you Staten Island) Folks were crying on television last night and wondering where their government was. One woman, bless her heart, was crying that she didn't have food and hadn't slept or taken a bath in days. They were blaming the Red Cross and the folks in Manhattan for overlooking them. Thankfully, the Mayor of New York had enough sense to cancel the NY Marathon this year.

It's still too early to blame O, but you know it's coming if these people don't get power and electricity, soon. FEMA is giving it the old college try, and, for the most part, the states and their officials all seem to be doing what they have to do. But this is the East Coast, and tempers are getting shorter as supplies get scarce.

"Frustration grew for superstorm Sandy's victims in the U.S. Northeast on Friday, many of whom were left with no power, no gasoline and little information about when their shattered lives might return to normal.

Acute gasoline shortages in the city's storm-battered outer boroughs and New Jersey led to long lines and short tempers.

Tankers finally began entering New York Harbor on Thursday, and a tanker carrying 2 million barrels of gasoline arrived at 2 a.m. (0600 GMT) on Friday, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo said."


At least O didn't do a flyover.

The worse thing that could happen to us poor folks here in Pistolvania is Mitt Romney and his crew thinking that they have a shot to win the state. Now, unfortunately, we are being inundated with political ad. after ad. Mitt throws em out there, and Barack responds. I am seeing more of Mitt and Barack now than I did while watching the debates. Not to mention these ads that all the super PACs are running. Help me, please!!

Anyway, I am not sure how all these last minute ads will shape up things. Folks have pretty much made up their minds by now. If they haven't, they probably won't even vote.

Here in Philly (and I suspect other places)  these Negroes have already made up their minds. Trust me when I tell you that they will be on that O train. But will it be enough? Out in Western Pistolvania and other places like it, the other guy will be getting their vote. In Pistolvania it will come down to a few suburban counties (I see you Bucks, Delaware, and Montgomery) where suburban college educated white women will decide if they will give Obama another chance, or if they will take a chance with Flipper.
















 





Post a Comment

0 Comments