Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

This is going to be my final

post concerning my black re-puke-lican friend's challenge. (See, I am still calling him a friend)


I was over in his house when I noticed a comment that was worth duplicating, as it sums up this entire debate in a very lucid way. (BTW, for a real treat check out the comments left in cobbland by "before the mayflower", and "the cocoa goddess")


So Ana, great post, and thanks for leaving it so that I can do a cut and paste job while I try to enjoy my vacation.


"Cobb, Why are you so defensive? The question that begs to be answered here is:Why have the Republicans alienated and ignored the African American community? Action speaks louder than words.Do you really believed that African Americans have abandoned the Republican party because they are foolish? Instead of being angry with Black folks for calling things as they are, why don't you and your fellow Republicans identify and mount serious' agendas to create policies that would attract and include Black people. This rambling here smacks as an agenda to perpetuate the status quo and to defend Massa's interests. Hey, and to the individual who claimed that Caribbeans, Black Central and South Americans are Conservative Republicans, that is a vile lie.We are too proud, intelligent and sophisticated and we are very much aware that our conservatism is not equal to the selfish, foolish,ignorant,narcissistic, and racist pseudo Conservatism of White Americans. "


Now to be honest, I could have used any one of the great posts left here on this subject, which should tell cobb and his peeps all they need to know about the level of discourse on this and similar sites.


Hopefully, the next time cobb starts throwing around challenges, he will take some time to consider the people he is challenging. C0bb I might be shadow boxing, but no offense, I am not preparing for a fight with you. There are much more formidable opponents to be worried about.

Post a Comment

0 Comments