I hope reporters Susan Snyder and Rita Girodano, from my hometown paper, the Philadelphia Inquirer, don't think that I am fooled. I read their latest article about a family who moved to Philadelphia from New York, and it was disguised as a piece about dealing with the oppressive heat here in the city. But come on now......folks, please go to the link, read the article, and come back to my post.



Did you read it? Good. Okay I will bite, I don't want to, but I must, because I have to keep it 100% with you folks. Cynthia King is 37 years old (unless there is a typo in there somewhere) and she has TEN yes I wrote TEN children. All from ages 5-19. Notice how the reporter made sure her age and the number of kids she has got into the story? There is a reason for that. This story isn't about a family coping with the heat wave. It's about this woman with no job, no support from a significant other, and having to depend on Catholic charities to get by with TEN children.


Now I rarely talk about my day job, because one, I don't want to lose it, and two, as an attorney, I have a certain obligation to the people I serve and I am guided by certain rules and an oath that prevents me from disclosing certain things. But if I told you that in my fifteen years of working in this business, I have seen and dealt with 27 year old grandmothers, 26 year old mothers with seven children, sperm donors who see themselves as lotharios fathering as much as twelve children with eight different women, being prosecuted for child support for all of them, and yet not one single dime is collected because they have no job; would you believe me?

Of course you wouldn't. You would think that just I made the shit all up for effect right? Just to make this story a little more interesting and to drive home my point.


Sooo.....do you believe Susan Snyder and Rita Giordano's story, or do you think they just threw in Ms. King's age and the number of kids she has for dramatic effect?


I was just wondering. Hey, you folks who comment here are a lot smarter than I am, so maybe one of you will have the answer as to why this type of shit happens, because I sure as hell don't. I mean, well, I have some ideas, but what did Jack Nicholson's character, Nathan R. Jessep say again? Oh yeah, "you can't handle the truth".