Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Those lucky male Negroes.



Geraldine Ferraro just made a brilliant career move. This former political has been and sometimes news pundit has now elevated herself to A-1 status. Don't believe me? Watch how she will become a regular on FUCK NEWS now. Watch the speaking engagements increase and get more expensive, watch all the friendly editorials and all the T.V. appearances. (Oh wait, it already started).




Sure there are some folks feigning outrage now over her recent comments, but that too will blow over, and the outrage won't last. Not when a significant segment of the population agrees with her. "Way to go Geri, way to tell it like it is. We are sick of biting our tongue when it comes to race, you are our new A-merry-can hero." The only surprising thing is that more white folks in a position similar to Geraldine just don't follow this script. Also, make no mistake, Geraldine might have been making a shrewed political move on behalf of the "Ice Queen", and if that's the case, she is even smarter than I thought she was.

Still, I have to wonder about this "lucky" black man thing that Geri is talking about. I mean I am a black man, and although I feel lucky to be alive and for all the good things that has happened to me, I don't think they happened because I am black. In fact, I think they happened inspite of the fact that I am black in A-merry-ca. And even though the "O" man's mother is white, I don't think he is any different. When you think about it, Geri's position and statements just defies logic. If black men like Obama are lucky to be black in A-merry-ca, how does she explain away the fact that 12% of us are locked up in prison? How does she explain the fact that our life expectancy is way lower than folks in the majority population? How does she explain the fact that far more of us are unemployed? Or that the ones that are working make so much less than men in the majority population?

But I guess I should count my blessings. I mean as a black man I would get first dibs on Lark Voorhies, Tyra Banks, and Halle Be....well maybe not Halle. I could show up late for appointments all the time and blame it on CP time. I can never really lose my driver's license because I am asked to show it all the time. I don't have to go skiing bungee jumping and rock climbing to find excitement, because just waking up every day and navigating the pit falls of every day life is excitement enough for me. And if I ever go to prison, I can take comfort in the fact that I would have lots of company. I don't have to worry about working. I can just sit at home all day and be a bum, because that's what everyone pretty much expects me to do, so there is no pressure.




Yes Geri, I guess I am one lucky guy.










Post a Comment

0 Comments