
Heard any good plane stories lately? I have a couple:
The first one involves former presidential candidate, Mitt Romney. Seems my man was trying to get his fly on from the Winter Olympics when a fellow traveler decided to get rude with him. Rather than move his seat upright for take off, the man decided to go all Mike Tyson on the former governor. My goodness! What ever happened to civility in A-merry-ca?
"The man seated in front of Mrs. Romney pushed his seat back, and when the GOP politician asked that he put his seat upright for take off, the passenger became "physically violent," according to Canada's The Globe and Mail.
The ex-gov did not retaliate, his spokesman said, as the airline crew intervened. The plane returned to the gate, the man was ejected, and the flight resumed."
[He became "physically violent", and Mitt didn't retaliate? Republicans!]
Look, I don't like anything about Mitt Romney, and he probably came off as a whiny jerk to the guy. But that is not an excuse to go punching out a stranger on a plane because he tells you to move your seat forward for take-off.
Which begs the question: Do you think the guy knew who Mitt Romney was? And doesn't he [Romney]have enough loot to fly in his own G4? What was he doing flying commercial? I guess he wanted to show that he is a man of the people. Mitt, men of the people don't get clocked by the people on planes. [Story]
And the other plane story involves weight. Seems film Director, Kevin Smith, was kicked off a Southwest Airlines flight because he was too fat. Yes, too fat. The pilot kindly asked one of Jersey's finest to take his ample behind off his plane. Apparently Mr. Smith failed to purchase two seats, which I think is the policy for overweight people.
Now I have seen pictures of Kevin Smith, and I have seen bigger people on planes before. I mean give me a break, it's not like the plane couldn't take off because Smith was in it. All those bags in the luggage compartment and they are worried about 300 more pounds? I bet the flight wasn't full, they could have moved him to another seat with an empty one beside him. Come on Southwest, that's not cool picking on big people. ( Actually, it's not cool picking on scantily clad people, either.)
The poor guy was embarrassed, which led to this Tweet:
"Dear @SouthwestAir - I know I'm fat, but was Captain Leysath really justified in throwing me off a flight for which I was already seated?"
No Kevin, he wasn't. But look at the bright side, you now have some material for your next movie.
And after all is said and done, this story might have a happy ending:
"Give Southwest credit for a quick response to a potential crisis. The airline apologized yesterday to Smith, gave him a $100 voucher, and issued a statement on its blog."
That was nice. I just hope that Kevin doesn't use the voucher to buy food. [Story]

0 Comments