Sorry for my lack of updates folks. I am blogging from Montreal this Easter Sunday, and I have been here since Friday. I heard it said somewhere that Montreal is a great city because Europeans always feel like they are in North America and North Americans always feel like they are in Europe.
Truer words were never spoken. I feel like I am smack in the middle of Paris or some other European city right about now; but that`s cool with the field. A little change of culture is a good thing. I also have to say for the record, that the people here are great. It`s a very cosmopolitan city with just about every race and nationality in full effect. Lots of museums and great restaurants if you are into that type of thing, and the scenery is all that.
So I am having a good time. No complaints from the field about this trip...well, (like you didn`t see this coming) although its`no biggie. Yesterday my lap top started acting up, and when I tried to sign on to the kiosk Internet machine in the Complexe Desjardins, I noticed my URL was blacklisted. Like what the f**k? Asa, lord omar, and the rest of my Canadian buds will have to tell me about that one. Maybe it`s just typing in the word Negro that sent some sort of block on that bad boy. (Just a case of the Canadian PC police gone crazy) Who knows; but now my curiosity is peeked.
But that`s it, my only complaint so far, that and the high taxes on clothes. You have to understand, I live in Pennsylvania where there is no tax on clothes, so that took some getting used to. Unfortunately, it more than ate up the difference in my favorable exchange rate on my dollars. But hey, it`s all good.
Anyway, I will be home tomorrow, and I have a few things on my mind. I can`t wait to be back in the comfort of the fields where I can speak my mind to my hearts content.
Oh, there is one other thing I love about this place, there is no FAKE NEWS here!
We could learn so much from the Canadians.
Au revoir! And Happy Easter to all the Christians in the house.

0 Comments