
"We can't afford to be divided by race. We can't afford to be divided by region or by class and we can't afford to be divided by gender, which by the way, that means, Bernie, you've got to clean up your act next time,...... This is a family affair...."
That was the "O" man giving one of his standard political lines. Not to a community group, not to a bunch of policy wonks, but to Bernie Mac, a comedian....
Seems Bernie Mac opened for the "O" man and was less than a hit with the audience. I think the jokes were a little too raunchy for that crowd, and some took offense. One person in the audience even said it was offensive to women. (Kitty I didn't know you were from Chicago?).
So anyhooo, seems the "O" man's people had to come out with a statement regarding Bernie Mac's behavior and let the world know in no uncertain terms that the "O" man does not like those types of jokes.
"Sen. Obama told Bernie Mac that he doesn't condone these statements and believes what was said was inappropriate," spokeswoman Jen Psaki said in a statement after the event."
Sure Jen, I hear ya........
Look, it's like this: ---And maybe this is a bad example, because if I know black folks they were probably the ones doing most of the complaining--- If the "O" man is elected President of these divided states, are we going to have to be hearing apologies and explanations for shit black folks do just because people in the majority aren't necessarily familiar with black culture? I am just saying. And I know, I know, raunchy jokes aren't black culture, and the "O" man should have probably had a very clean comic open for his event. But today it's a comic, tomorrow it's the type of food he eats, or the music he played at the inauguration. I can hear white folks or some of you "bougie" black folks now: "Did they really have to play Rick James? I mean "Super Freak" seems so inappropriate for an inauguration ball." Ahhh let me stop. I know you Obamahoics don't like to hear this shit, but it's just another aspect of life to consider if the "O" man becomes President.
Still, the night wasn't a total wash for the "O" man. Seems he went to a Lincoln Park night club where a bunch of raucous fans paid $500 a pop to hear the Chicago based rock band Wilco perform.
"Before these guys go, I want them to know that I had heard a rumor that they had suggested that I had nothing by them on my iPod,...That is not true. I love Wilco."
I am sure you do "O" man, I am sure you do.

0 Comments