Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

What is the alternative?

“First of all, there is nothing for free. You're going to pay for it, and we're paying for it through higher premiums,” Paul said. “We're also going to find out in January that more people will lose their insurance under Obamacare, I think, than will actually gain it. The Republican plan is freedom of choice -- more choices, not less. ‘Obamacare’ narrows your choices.  We're for competition. We're for selling insurance across state lines. And above all, we’re for driving premiums down.” [Source]

That is Rand Paul explaining the republican's alternative to the Affordable Care Act. (Obamacare)

It is very vague, and a little sketchy in the details, so let me check with Google  for a republican plan that is the alternative to the Affordable Care Act......

Nope, nothing. Although I did find something from 1993 which is very similar to Obamacare.

Those republicans were so full of ideas back then.

"An individual mandate;
  • Creation of purchasing pools;
  • Standardized benefits;
  • Vouchers for the poor to buy insurance;
  • A ban on denying coverage based on a pre-existing condition"

  • Wow! This seems so much like the one we have now. But I bet there was no cry of Socialism and wealth redistribution back then. I guess it all just depends on the messenger.

    Anyway, if there is a current  republican alternative to Obamacare and  someone reading this can give it to me in more detail; I would certainly appreciate you explaining it to me.

    Thank you.

    "Oh Field, that's a trick question and you know it. To be a replacement for Obamacare the other plan has to do the same thing it does in pretty much the same way."

    OK, so maybe republicans have a different philosophy on health care and how it should be delivered. I would like to hear that as well.

    People often accuse me of being close-minded --hey my Birds won today and I am in a good mood-- so tonight I am making an effort to open up.

    Pic from Freedomworks.org











    Post a Comment

    0 Comments