Take for instance the case of former RNC Chair, Michael Steele.
Poor Michael thought that he was different from the rest of us Negroes to his conservative pals. And then, sadly for him, reality came calling.
"Michael Steele, a former chairman of the Republican National Committee, said on Saturday that the party has a problem with racism after a spokesman for a conservative group said Mr. Steele was chosen as chairman because he is “a black guy.”
The spokesman, Ian B. Walters, made the comment on Friday night at a dinner in Oxon Hill, Md., that was part of the annual Conservative Political Action Conference.
“We elected Mike Steele to be the R.N.C. chair because he’s a black guy,” said Mr. Walters, the communications director for the American Conservative Union, which organized the conference.
“That was the wrong thing to do.”
There were audible gasps when Mr. Walters made the comment, Jonathan Levine, the media editor at The Wrap, who was at the dinner, said on Twitter." [Source]
FYI, when certain white folks "gasp" when they hear racism expressed openly, it's not that they don't co-sign with the sentiment, it's because they don't want it expressed so publicly.
Of course, as is to be expected, Michael was not pleased.
"I wanted to talk to [CPAC chair] Matt Schlapp first, but I think it's painfully stupid what he said," Steele told Observer. "If he feels that way I'd like him to come say that to my face. And then I'd like him to look at my record and see what I did. I can't believe an official of CPAC would go on stage, in front of an audience, and say something like that. I've been a strong supporter of CPAC for many years, and I thought they raised them better than that here." [Source]
Now now, Michael, all that saying it to my face stuff will only reinforce some of their negative stereotypes of us black folks. I know it hurts, but you are a smart man. Think for a moment. Did you really think that these right-wingnuts that you like to pal around were not racists? Somehow I find that hard to believe.
"It also goes to insulting not just me -- I mean, I can deal with that, I'm a big boy, put my pants on and go into the fight -- but it goes after everyone in the RNC who knew me and worked with me and supported the effort that I undertook to become chairman," he added. "But even more broadly, it insults every African-American and calls into question their personal accomplishments."
Come on out here to the fields with us Michael. We have a lot of work to do.
*Pic from artmaggot


0 Comments