Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

You say tomato....



Someone who happens to know that I am no slouch when it comes to chasing racism, sent me an e-mail about the following story:


"In Lake Wylie, S.C., a sign at a local bar has gotten quite a bit of attention. The sign read: 'Please notice, no colors allowed. Thank you.' A local resident says, 'Whether you are white, black, Asian, Hispanic -- it doesn't matter what race you are, just reading that sign you should be offended by it.' Bo Legg, the bar's co-owner, however, contends that some people's reactions, including members of the NAACP, is mistaken,'We welcome people from all walks. That sign has nothing to do with skin color.' 'Colors,' according to Legg, refers to 'motorcycle gangs, [where] each gang has a color or a patch, and most gangs would be willing to fight to the death to defend it.'Legg tells the Charlotte Observer, 'If you're not here to get along and have a good time, I don't want you here."'

Rest of the story here.

Now I ran my ass off and caught Bo and his "no colors" sign, and I swear I don't know what to do with the son of a bitch. I still can't make up my mind if it's racism or if Bo was just honestly trying to keep bike gangs out of his joint...... Bo, I have a question: Couldn't your sign have said, no gang affiliated colors in this bar, or something to that effect? Just thinking out loud here Bo. I don't want to accuse you of playing the white race card. I know that's a no no in post racial A-merry-ca.

I am going to ask for help from the folks who read this blog and see that they think. Sometimes a few more heads are better than one.

Post a Comment

0 Comments